- What is Amazon Categories?
- Amazon Categories is a database set that represents complete categories trees of Amazon's online stores.
- What data does Amazon Categories contain?
Amazon Categories database contains the following fields:
parentid ID of parent node, contains "0" for the top-level nodes. id ID of current node. Top-level node ID is just a name of top category ("appliances", "mobile-apps"), all other nodes' IDs contain name of top category and some unique digital code, separated by slash ("appliances/3741261", "mobile-apps/2478834011"). category Name of top category that contains the node ("appliances", "mobile-apps"). node Unique digital identifier of the node ("3741261", "2478834011"). name Name of node used in the navigation from left sidebar of Amazon's website ("Books & Comics"). urlname* Name of node used in the URL of the node's page ("Appstore-Android-Book-Comic-Apps"). longname Name of node used in the node's page title ("Book & Comic Apps").* urlname field is applicable to some English-language Amazon's stores only
- What data formats are available?
Database contains 4 files:
data.csv Database in canonical CSV format (tested and compatible with MySQL):
id, category, node, name, urlname, longname
"appliances", "appliances", "0", "Appliances", "Appliances", "Appliances"
"appliances/3741261", "appliances", "3741261", "Cooktops", "Appliances-Cooktops", "Cooktops"
"appliances/3741271", "appliances", "3741271", "Dishwashers", "Appliances-Dishwashers", "Dishwashers"
data.txt Database in alternative format with values, separated by vertical bar:
id| category| node| name| urlname| longname
appliances| appliances| 0| Appliances| Appliances| Appliances
appliances/3741261| appliances| 3741261| Cooktops| Appliances-Cooktops| Cooktops
appliances/3741271| appliances| 3741271| Dishwashers| Appliances-Dishwashers| Dishwashers
tree.txt Structure of categories' tree represented by the name field in tabbed text format:
Appliances Cooktops Dishwashers ...
links.txt Links formats that can be built with Amazon Categories data.
- How Amazon Categories database can be used?
Using data from Amazon Categories database you can build links to:
- ...page of any category on Amazon's website
- ...any rating page (Best Sellers, Hot New Releases, Movers & Shakers, Top Rated, Most Wished For and Gift Ideas, if these categories are present on the Amazon's website) for any category
- ...RSS feed of any rating page for any category
- Is the data for international Amazon's stores available?
- Yes, we offer databases for Amazon's stores of United States (Amazon.com), United Kingdom & Ireland (Amazon.co.uk), France (Amazon.fr), Canada (Amazon.ca), Germany (Amazon.de), The Netherlands (Amazon.nl), Italy (Amazon.it), Spain (Amazon.es), Australia (Amazon.com.au), Brazil (Amazon.com.br), Japan (Amazon.co.jp), China (Amazon.cn), India (Amazon.in) and Mexico (Amazon.com.mx).
- How Amazon Categories database can be tested?
You can download free trial data that contains one category using the links below.
- Is a complete version of Amazon Categories available?
Yes, complete version of each Amazon Categories database is available after donation. Click the appropriate link below.
Do not miss our special offer! You can get all the databases in one pack with 70% discount.
Click here to get complete set of Amazon Categories databases!
- Are there examples of using?
Yes, the following websites were created with Amazon Categories Database:
- Comments? Questions? Suggestions?
Please do not hesitate to contact us.